Employment Application / Audition Process
1. Contact The Actors’ Fund Work Program of THE ACTORS’ FUND OF AMERICA 729 7th Avenue (bet 48th and 49th Sts); 11th Floor; NYC 10019
2. Attend Orientation to Actors’ Work Program Services.
3. Attend Orientation to the STARRR Program.
4. Audition with an artistic interpretation of an assigned work of children’s literature. Prepare a 5 minute lesson using that work of literature to teach your craft.
5. Train 50 hours in lesson planning, pedagogy, classroom management.
6. Obtain a New York City Department of Education Occasional Per Diem Teaching License.